Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Festive Hairstyle

Gosh...I am speechless!!!

A south Wales bus driver has spruced himself up for Christmas by having a mini fir tree woven into his hair.

Thirty-one-year-old Mark Davis, from Pontypool, has even hung fairy lights from his head. Good-humoured managers have allowed him to carry on driving his double-decker bus while sporting the eye-catching artificial tree.

The father-of-two said: "I've had a few wacky hairdos before, but this one is head and shoulders above the rest."

"It gives everyone a lift - especially if they get on my bus on their way to do their Christmas shopping."

The bus driver spent two-and-a-half hours in a local hair salon having his hair dyed red and having a holly design shaved into it. Then the mini Christmas tree was delicately woven into his hair before the lights were added.

The festive hairstyle is the latest in a long line of unusual hair cuts for Mark. In the past he sported a dartboard design, a Playboy bunny, and Welsh dragon. 'Go overboard' He added: "It gives everyone a laugh and kids love it. "I wanted to go overboard this year and it's great fun. "The attitude of people to it is amazing."

But Mark added that having a Christmas tree permanently perched on top of his head presented some problems. He said: "It's very difficult to sleep with it. "I have to sleep at the end of the bed so it doesn't get stuck to the headboard."

Source:BBC

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Chinyi said...

I like his idea, but is that a little bit uncomfortable?!

 
At Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:39:00 AM, Blogger humblewarrior said...

Oh yes, I think it must be very uncomfortable for him. Some birds are even trying to make a nest on his head :B

 
At Friday, December 16, 2005 11:56:00 PM, Blogger day-dreamer said...

That was creative! But I wouldn't do it for myself. My hair would be ruined!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home