Thursday, October 20, 2005

ASAP

So we always want to save time and get things done not fast but faster. Many of us complain that we have no time for this and that, even when it comes to writing. We basically just want to relay messages to others by using the least words as possible.

One very obvious trend which I notice is how people love to use chat shorthand or message board abbreviation. Some examples are:
lol = laugh out loud
btw = by the way
gl= good luck
hago = have a good one
iat = i am tired
imho = in my humble opinion
wysiwyg = what you see is what you get

I have been thinking ...what if I come up with my own shorthand and popularize them. Posibble? I have randomly picked these alphabets. Can I make these into shorthands of phrases that we use in daily conversation?
orn
yhsol
cyg
yoy
rc

6 Comments:

At Thursday, October 20, 2005 10:31:00 PM, Blogger Winn said...

cyg = see you gal
rc = rosy cheeks

got no ideas for the rest!!

someone commented a 'ROFLMAO' in my blog. I havent got a clue of what does that mean till now. any idea?

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 12:52:00 AM, Blogger sÞ¡ηηєє said...

gheez netspeak is ok so long it's not that l337 74lk type.. i'll go crazy sometimes not knowing what the f is going on..ahha..

u can invent ur own abbrevation. why not? that's creativity. it's strongly encouraged. just that..it has to make some sense. ;)

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 1:27:00 AM, Blogger Chen said...

winn,
ROFLMAO = roll on floor laughing my ass out :P

Btw, I do invent few abbrevations as well, these abbrev. are known between me & my friends, whereby we used these abbrevations when chatting ;)

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 1:34:00 AM, Blogger Cynthia said...

i dont normally use abbrevation in conversation. i know LOL, ttyl .. and what else? i cant think of any. AH!! does it include Latin? im expert in this area. =)

stat= immediately
n= night
m=morning
prn = when required
qid = four times a day
1/7 = 1 day
1/52 = 1 week
c = food/meal
... ...

=P "cheating"...

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 2:58:00 AM, Blogger day-dreamer said...

Just enlighten me on the abbreaveations you've created. I don't create, I use people's creation. Ha ha!

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 7:26:00 AM, Blogger humblewarrior said...

Since I just pulled them out of thin air, I am still working on those I created. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home